Doing business online means having customers from virtually anywhere in the world. Once you have your websites or shopping cart ready, the next thing is payment processing. But this has been a very critical problem in Nigeria as Paypal and many more payment processors out there are yet to be available to Nigerians merchants.
Most websites in Nigeria fall back to Bank Deposit as the only form of payment for their online products. In this post, I want to share with you the few available payment processors you can use on your website to receive card payments in Nigeria.
1) Interswitch is the No1 card company in Nigeria and a partner of MasterCard. They built their own gateway which they lease to clients for N150,000 one time fee and 1.5% commission on every payment. The gateway can charge MasterCards, Verve and the regular Nigerian Interswitch cards.
2) Etranzact is the second major card company in Nigeria, they also have their own payment gateway which you can lease for a one time fee of N120,000 and unconfirmed 1.3% commission. With this gateway you can receive online payments from Etransact cards and their mobile money subsidiary PocketMoni.
3) UnifiedPayments (formerly ValueCard) is the current major partner of Visa Inc. They currently allow charging of Visa Cards in Nigeria through their gateway available to their registered merchants.
4) GTPay is owned by GTBank. The bank built this gateway to let its customers receive payments through Interswitch’s and Etranzact’s gateway for a setup fee of N75,000.
5) CashEnvoy is a privately owned gateway integrated with Interswitch and Entranzact. They allow their registered merchants to receive payment via their gateway. They have an awesome API to allow you seamless integration on your website.
6) VoguePay is a privately owned gateway with lots of features like user wallets and recurrent billing. They are subscribed to Interswitch, Etrazact and UnifiedPayments; bringing together all the possibilities of accepting payments in Nigeria. They offer free registration, N1,000 verification charge and 1% charge per transaction + 1% per settlement fee.
7) Eyowo is yet another payment process registered with Interswitch and Etranzact for now. They have a very friendly interface for both merchants and the payers. They charge N6,000 setup fee and 1% transaction fee.
8) GlobalPay is built by Zenith Bank just like the GTPay, it allows the bank customers to receive card payments on their website. GlobalPay is regsitered with Interswitch, UnifiedPayments and Etransact!
9) SimplePay last but not the least is another yet privately owned payment gateway for developers. With SimplePay, you can payments through Interswitch, UniverfiedPayments and Entransact.
It is always better to receive from the 3 major card processors (Interswitch, UnifiedPayments and Etranzact). The other gateways are all subscribers of these processors making it pocket friendly to accept payments.
Let us know if this was helpful to you by commenting. Do you use any of these gateways? How was your experience?